Slider

te("

Losing baby weight

Sunday, February 5, 2017


For some the baby weight falls right off, for me that wasn't the case. With my first it wasn't too bad. My second it was hard I thought until I had my third and it has been extremely hard! I also didn't breastfeed any of my babies. Part of me wonders about how different my weight loss would be if I had, but it just wasn't my thing. I want to share my story for all the Moms out there that don't lose the baby weight right away, to let them know they are not alone.


When I had Jackson I gained 38 pounds but lost 16 pounds by my 6 week check up. When he was 8 months old I think I only had a few pounds left to lose and by his 1st birthday I was my pre baby weight. I know I worked out going to the gym some and doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I also went on a lot of walks during the summer. I kind of watched what I ate, but I don't think it was very much.



36 weeks & 4 days. I had Jackson at 37 weeks 1 day
This was on Jackson's 1st birthday.







When I had Johnny it was bad, I had gained 46 pounds and was not active while pregnant with him. I rarely worked out and I sat at work answering the phones and snacking all day on not so great food. For my 6 week check up I had only lost 12.5 pounds. When he was 7 months I had lost a total of 26 pounds and that's when I got pregnant with Allie. I counted my calories and did jazzercise to help lose that weight.


38 weeks, I had Johnny 38 weeks 3 days.

This is around the time we started trying for our next baby. I was pregnant the first month we tried.

While pregnant with Allie I only gained 22 pounds! I did jazzercise the whole time I was pregnant and told myself I couldn't gain more than 25 pounds and I managed not to, go me. But let me tell you, those are the hardest 22 pounds I've ever had to lose in my life. At 11 months old I have only just barley lost those and mostly because I got sick and lost some weight and thankfully it stayed off. At my 6 week check up I had lost 11 pounds. During my maternity leave I actually had lost more at first I think it was around 15 pounds but I was so unhealthy and lived off of coca cola and dried mangos from trader joes...so much sugar.


38 weeks 2 days, just before we left for the hospital to have Allie! Who I had at 38 weeks 3 days too.

This is when Allie is 9 months, not much has changed since then.





After having Allie I did jazzercise for a little bit, but they moved locations which made it harder for me to get to the classes. I then tried the 21 day fix meal program and exercise. I stuck to that for a little bit but got bored with at home workouts so I joined the federal way community center again and have been doing step, weight training and kickboxing classes. They also I have a daycare I can bring the kids to at a reasonable price.


When I started the 21 day fix in June I was 177 and today I am 167, so over the summer and winter I have only lost 10 pounds. With the new year and our Mexico trip in September I am determined to lose the last 27 pounds!!!! I can do this. I've been counting my calories, not 100 % but I will get there. Better than not watching what I'm eating at all and aiming for the gym 4 days a week.


So now I'm on a mission to lose the rest of my "baby weight" if you can call it that now. I know I can do it I just need to commit! Wish me luck :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan